Friday, September 17, 2010

My computer concrete drive is an ATA-133. Can I use an ATA-100 drive surrounded by my computer?

I want to replace my not easy drive with a bigger and faster one. I cannot find an ATA-133's next to a 16mb.cache with 7200RPM's and 250 gb. or larger. Please minister to. The one I have immediately has with the sole purpose 2mb. cache.Spec's are ATA-133/40Pin IDC/133mbps

My computer concrete drive is an ATA-133. Can I use an ATA-100 drive surrounded by my computer?

you can use an ata-100. it's backwards compatible. i go through www.pricewatch.com alot. they usually enjoy good deal on the drives you're looking for. they run about $75 for a ata133/8 or 16mb/7200rpm/250gb. 500gb drives are going for around $150
This is almost the best ATA-133 drive I can find:



http://www.newegg.com/product/product.as...



However, you can use ATA-100 in your computer. But if you are concerned almost speed and cache, I would recommend upgrading to SATA if your motherboard supports it.
Yes, you can use a lower or higher spec ATA rate hard drive contained by your computer. If you use a lower ATA rated easier said than done drive, such as an ATA-100 hard drive, it will only run at a lower speed. If you use a higher rate ATA hard drive interface such as a ATA-150, the speed will top out at the greatest ATA rating that your computer supports, such as ATA-133. So yes, you can use it. Just watch out for firm drive size limitations that your motherboard cannot handle.
find a cheap rental car

No comments:

Post a Comment