Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My computer not recognising my CD-RW as a CD-RW..?

I enjoy 2 CD Drives installed, 1 is the DVD-Rom Drive and the bottom one is the CD-RW drive. the computer is seing both as if they be regulard CD-ROM drives. So when I am trying to burn a CD the program tell me that there is no supported drive. I a moment ago reformated this computer but this was not a problem past. I already tried updating the driver via windows. its a Emachines computer. How can I gross the computer know its a CD-RW drive?

My computer not recognising my CD-RW as a CD-RW..?

Here's your problem: the drive has unusual drivers, expected ones that aren't available from the Windows Update site. So, when you reinstalled your OS, you blew away the driver -- and since you haven't reinstalled that driver, Windows is seeing it as a default CD-ROM drive.



Go to the emachines trellis site support section, and download/install the CD-RW driver for your specific electrical device. Then, reboot; you should be good to turn.
Go to emachines.com and check to see if they released a driver for the cd-rw if not look up contained by device manager to see if it is accepted as a rw.

No comments:

Post a Comment