Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My computer no longer recognises DVDs. How do I fix it?

I watch the DVD in the morning, and consequently later when I stir to watch more, the computer doesn't recognise that a disk is surrounded by at all. One of the programs used to play movies say that there is no disk surrounded by the @: drive. When I look in the Device Manager, it tell me that "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)" and the troubleshoot does not work to fix it.

I have be cleaning unused programs from my hard drive, because I am running out of space, so it is a possibility that I delete something I needed for this unknowingly. Could ths be the problem? if so how do I fix it?

Please please help, I am so confused.

My computer no longer recognises DVDs. How do I fix it?

Hmm... I dont know which computer you enjoy but you likely hold the feature of "system restore". Because first of adjectives you need to determine if it is an issue beside just the driver, or if the drive itself is physically out of order. Try performing a system restore. To do this go to: START- All Programs- Accessories- System Tools - System Restore -and restore to an nearer time, chose a date u know it was working properly on the calendar. (If this doesnt work you can UNDO your restore by doing equal procedure but select "UNDO my last restore" instead of restore to sooner time. This way you will know if it is the driver or the drive itself. Then stir from there... if u stipulation more help u can email me.
reinstall your dvd player software and aspi drivers.
try system restore



if it is a hardware problem replace the drive.

or get to ur bios setting to enable cd drive

No comments:

Post a Comment