Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My computer shows that my external harddrive is live but i cant access any of the files on it Any thoughts?

the external unyielding drive shows the green light similar to its active but when i run to try and retrive data from it . the fluffy goes red and wont allow me to access the information on it. i've tried to unplug it and restart my computer. I've also tried to run a virus scan through it and that didnt work and i also tried the harddrive on another computer and had equal results . I was wondering how i uninstall the software for it and how to reboot the external harddrive.Thanks for your serve and advice within advance.

My computer shows that my external harddrive is live but i cant access any of the files on it Any thoughts?

I assume that you are using xp/win2k, that the external drive is USB and power is mortal provided via a power source other than it's USB nouns.

Right click on My Computer, Manage, Disk Management.

You should see all of the drives connected to your PC. Their drive correspondence, status, capacity, etc should be shown. Check that the external drive note is not in conflict near an existing drive. Right click on the drive to Open/explore/Change the drive letter.



Good Luck
How did you put the notes on it?
goto 'Device Manager and turn it on

or go to CMOS/BIOS and turn it on

ur comp might not b recognize it for some reason

dnt kno wat PC u hav so dont kno how to catch to BIOS on urs as all PCs are different

No comments:

Post a Comment